Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best way to prepare loose leaf tea?
1. Select any kind of pot or cup you like.
2. Rinse the brewing vessel with hot water then add the right amount of tea leaves.
3. Pour the right temperature of water over the tea leaves.
4. Wait for the leaves to infuse for the time listed above. Adjust time depending on your taste, longer brews for a richer taste, shorter for a lighter taste.
Water Temperatures and Brew Times:
Black 212F Steep Time: 3-4 minutes
Green 180F Steep Time: 2-3 minutes
White 180F Steep Time: 1-3 minutes
Herbal 180F Steep Time: 4-5 minutes
How Should I store my tea, does it expire?
For optimal freshness, store your tea in a dry dark area ( cabinet) The shelf life of Gullah Girl Tea is approximately 6 - 12 months.
What is the difference in the amount of caffeine in Black, Green, White tea?
Tea is made from the Camellia Sinensis plant, Black, Green, White and Oolong teas all come from this plant. The differences in the amount of caffeine and flavor are impacted by the regions in which they are grown and the way in which they are processed.
Here is a breakdown of the amount of caffeine in an 8oz cup of tea:
How much tea is needed for one cup?
Preparation for one cup of tea only requires one teaspoon of loose leaf tea, enjoy!
Can Gullah Girl Tea be iced?
Absolutely! Gullah Girl Tea can be iced in two ways:
1. By placing your hot brewed tea in the refrigerator.
2. You can also ice your Gullah Girl Tea through the cold brewing process. Place One Tablespoon of Gullah Girl tea in a 16 oz. jar, fill with cold water. Place in refrigerator for 8 - 12 hours.
If there are any questions that you have, that you don't see answered here, please do send an email!